John Bruce Wallace is a free-jazz solo performer interested in freely improvised music with a focus on generating extended sound statements within the options afforded through solo performance. An acknowledged, accomplished guitar virtuoso working to create a new voice for the electric guitar, creating a new approach to the instrument he invented a new technique of playing while continuously changing the pitch of his electric guitar, in free improvisation, he revamped the modern guitar tradition and, using the technical possibilities of his instrument, transferred it into an individual sound language.
Out NowListen Now Visit Artist's Website
- Track A Zarathustra's Retreat From Plato's Cave is Comprised of four parts:
- Part 1 Rapture! Null Tolled with Entropic Sensors,
- Part 2 Future/Past Transitional,
- Part 3 Incandescent Splendor of Note-oise,
- Part 4 Harmonical Stop and Frisk.
- Experimental Free Improvisation Solo Guitar. (Guitar: John Bruce Wallace, Recorded live May 18, 2019)
- Track B The Pundit’s Theme is comprised of five sections and sub-sections
- Section 1 The Non-Eternal Return
- Section 2 Estrangement What-A-Möbius!
- Section 3 A Sonic Cry From ________________! Where Was That Again?
- Section 4 The Flashover Sonic Undertow
- Section 5 Is-c-ream For All In The Parlor
- Experimental Free Improvisation Solo Guitar. (Guitar: John Bruce Wallace, Recorded live May 20, 2019)