Led by world-renowned Russian dancer Ksenia Parkhatskaya on vocals and Irish musician-composer David Duffy on bass, “Something Else” is the debut album from their K Quintet project.
Citing influences such as Oscar Peterson, Red Garland, and Ben Webster, standards by the likes of Duke Ellington, Richard Rodgers & Henry Mancini are subtly mixed with original ‘classic’ compositions, written by the husband-and-wife bandleaders.
In another nod to days gone by, the album was recorded at Vertigo Studios in Barcelona (Spain) – a haven of vintage microphones, preamps and tape recording facilities.
Out NowListen Now Visit Artist's Website
David Duffy - Double Bass
Ksenia Parkhatskaya - Vocals
Gabriel Amargant - Tenor Sax
Joan mar sauqué vila - Trumpet
Marc Martín Torrent - Piano
Xavi Hinojsa - Drums
Carlos Sarduy Dimet - Trumpet * (Tracks 1,4,7)
Jake Klamberg - Drums * (Tracks 1,4,7)
- Exactly Like You (Jimmy Mchugh/Dorothy Fields)
- The Letter (David Duffy/Ksenia Parkhatskaya)
- Days of Wine and Roses (Henry Mancini/Johnny Mercer)
- Bye Bye Blackbird (Ray Henderson/Mort Dixon)
- Ain't It Peculiar (David Duffy/Ksenia Parkhatskaya)
- Something Else (David Duffy)
- Just Squeeze Me (Duke Ellington/Lee Gaines)
- My Major Is Minor (David Duffy/Ksenia Parkhatskaya)
- Drivin' (David Duffy/Ksenia Parkhatskaya)
- Have You Met Miss Jones (Richard Rodgers)
- Robbins' Nest (Charles Thompson)