The Hell’s Kitchen Funk Orchestra is a group of New York City Jazz and Studio musicians directed by trumpeter, composer, arranger Bill Warfield Their goal is to produce a brand of music that defies boundaries The HKFO accomplishes just that in a big way on their second recording, a new Planet Arts Network release entitled “Smile”.
Out NowListen Now Visit Artist's Website
The new release “Smile” features a core of musicians from the original unit. Added to the mix are vocalist Jane Stuart, Blue Lou Marini on reeds, Paul Shaffer on Hammond Organ, Cecilia Coleman on piano, Matt Chertkoff on guitar and Matt Hong on reeds.
Originally known as the International Quartet, the group included Bill on trumpet, Libor Smoldas from Prague on guitar, Jakub Zomer, also from Prague on Hamnmond organ and a variety of drummers from Eastern Europe on drums. With the addition of John Eckert on trumpet and fluglehorn, Glenn Cashman on tenor saxophone, Scott Neumann on drums, Steve Count on bass, all regulars of the New York Broadway and studio scene, and alto saxophonist Jens “Chappe” Jensen from Denmark the quartet became the Hell’s Kitchen Funk Orchestra.
- 1. Smile (vocals Julie Michels)
- 2. Cucumber Slumber
- 3. Hip-Hug-Her
- 4. Ode to Billie Joe (vocals Jane Stuart)
- 5.First Time On A Ferris Wheel (vocals Jane Stuart)
- 6. Dance of the Coal Cars
- 7. Mad Dog 245
- 8. Rainbow Connection (vocals Carolyn Leonhart)
- 9. I've Got to Use My Imagination (vocals Jane Stuart)
- 10. Theme From Law and Order
- 11. This City Never Sleeps
- 12. Smile (instrumental)