Scandinavian-American improvising tubaist Ralph Hepola
• forty professional recordings including the major labels EMI and Warner Bros.
• twenty-five video productions
• New York City & Minneapolis/St. Paul freelancing
• 24,000 page views on All About Jazz, world’s biggest jazz website
• Jazz Corner, largest jazz website portal, New York City
• Official YouTube and Vimeo Channels
• Principal Tuba, Basel Symphony Orchestra, Switzerland
• Northwestern University music degree; student of Arnold Jacobs, Principal Tuba, Chicago Symphony Orchestra
• United States Army Band of Washington, D.C. while still a teenager
• Complete documentation is available.
Out NowListen Now Visit Artist's Website
Ralph Hepola, tuba
Peter Shu, piano and all keyboards except as noted
Daniel Arlig, acoustic and electric basses
David Stanoch, drums and percussion
Mark Asche, keyboard on Hepmobile and piano on Blue Moment
Peter Lothringer, guitar on Ralph’s Riff and Through the Wringer
Blue Moment; Clarion Call; Hepmobile; Incoming Blues and Phraseology composed and arranged by Ralph Hepola.
American Landscape and Roots and Wings composed and arranged by Ralph Hepola and Peter Shu.
Three Traditional Celtic Airs: Black-Eyed Susan; Mary, Young and Fair and Scottish Lullaby arranged by Ralph Hepola and Peter Shu.
Ralph’s Riff and Through the Wringer composed and arranged by Peter Lothringer.
- Roots and Wings 7:11
- Clarion Call 5:41
- Hepmobile 2:06
- Blue Moment 2:16
- Phraseology 5:53
- Ralph’s Riff 5:19
- Through the Wringer 5:23
- Incoming Blues 6:09
- Black-Eyed Susan 3:07
- Scottish Lullaby 3:07
- Mary, Young and Fair 3:39
- American Landscape 5:04