Australia born and bred, Kent O’Doherty spent time in The Netherlands and Boston before settling in Brooklyn. As an avant-garde saxophonist, he premiered over 100 new works before moving onto performing his own music and theater pieces. The focus of O’Doherty’s artistic output centers upon the narrative of people and place and how they are intimately linked. For the last decade, O’Doherty has been creating performances that have utilized various art forms to convey his personal story and structures by which society operates. Advancing and augmenting jazz’s reach and place in society.
Out NowListen Now Visit Artist's Website
- Town Song
- What does the town mean to its people?
- Pickup Truck
- What was it like to grow up here?
- Main Street
- Mayor Christina
- What was Periville like before the fire?
- Children and Birds
- The Seasons
- Textile Factory
- Soda Shop
- What was Periville like after the fire?
- Reverend Carlton
- Football Game
- In The Woods
- How do you feel when you think about all the people who have lived here?
- Chester, Frank and Edgar
- Fawn Dreaming
- Old Light | New Light