Maria Jacobs is an American jazz vocalist and singer/songwriter born of Syrian Lebanese and Armenian descent. She was raised in Cleveland, Ohio and is currently the Adjunct Professor of Applied Vocal Jazz at Kent State University, and a Principal Conductor and Curriculum Advisor for the Open Tone Music Academy, which partners with Jazz at Lincoln Center.
Maria is a national recording artist who has released eight albums and written over 100 songs. She has charted on the Groove Jazz Charts and Smooth Jazz Holiday Charts, 2019.
Maria holds two Bachelor of Arts degrees and she is a licensed music educator.
Out NowListen Now Visit Artist's Website
Tracks 1-8 and 10
Rock Wehrmann on piano
Aidan Plank on bass
Mark Gonder on drums
special guest, Jim Kiroff on guitar, Pour Me A Cup of Yesterday
Track 9, Maria Jacobs on piano
Track 11, bonus track featuring Richard Sherman on piano; Adam Cohen on bass and Jon Stuart on drums
- Seven Steps to Heaven, (music Miles Davis, Victor Feldman; lyrics Maria Jacobs)
- Comes Love/No Moon At All, (Sam Stept, Charles Tobias; arranged Maria Jacobs)
- Round and Round, (Maria Jacobs)
- Pour Me a Cup of Yesterday, (Maria Jacobs)
- It Could Happen To You, (Johnny Burke, Jimmy Van Heusen; Chet Baker solo lyrics, Maria Jacobs)
- My Blue Heart, (Maria Jacobs)
- Day By Day, (Paul Weston, Sammy Cahn)
- in the Mood For Love/Moody's Mood For Love, (Jimmy McHugh, Dorothy Fields/James Moody, Eddie Jefferson; arranged Maria Jacobs)
- Losing You, (Maria Jacobs; Maria Jacobs on piano)
- How High The Moon, (Nancy Hamilton, Morgan Lewis)
- One Note Samba, (Antonio Carlos Jobim, Jon Hendricks)